Monday, May 27, 2013

Prayer.....


Me with the special guest Stormie Sheldon from women's camp.  
The group of teen girls from the Bible Quizzing weekend. 

Today I need prayer. I have begun to be in a rut lately. Slacking on life in all areas-spiritual, social, physical,emotional,and even intellectual.

I have been involved in some pretty sweet ministry lately too. I have went to camp twice for a teen weekend and a women's ministries weekend, I have help take a group of kids to a talent contest in Dayton Ohio. And I actually just got back from a trip to Long Point camp in New York with a group of my teens on a bible trivia team.

Life is good-so why am I in a rut? 

I feel as if it is raining all the time. I am tired, non-creative, slightly depressed and not at all joyful. I am apathetic about most things and am a grouch lately. 

So why is this titled prayer? Because that is the reason I am in this rut-I am lacking relationship time with my Heavenly Father. Mostly through prayer. 

I need to get back at it, yearning for the desire to know my father more and the desire to know why he wants me to do with my life.

I need to have some me and God time in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I need a friend who I going to help me keep myself accountable.  Someone who will push me to spend time with God and make sure I am committing to the things He wants me to. 

So, if you are reading this please send up a little prayer for me. I know God will provide without a doubt-but I also know I need to stop sitting idly by and do something about me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment